M.I.L.F. – a serious post
Occurred: These past few weeks
Written: October 21, 2011
• 19 soldiers died and 14 more were wounded when they were lured into a trap and deliberately fired upon by MILF personnel.
• 6 soldiers were injured and captured alive by the MILF only to be found dead few hours later.
• The area is 4kms away from the nearest MILF-held territory. MILF insists that soldiers entered their camps.
• Another 7 soldiers were killed and 7 more wounded in a separate ambush by MILF in Zamboanga.
• According to Col. Antonio Parlade Jr, Phil. Army spokesman, there have been numerous deadly encounters in the past (three in Sulu, three in Basilan, and two in Maguindanao) where government suffered many casualties.
• MILF openly admits that they carry out the attacks.
• PNoy don’t want to pursue an all-out war on MILF. He said there is an ongoing peace process. A peace process that only the government is pursuing.
• MILF is gesturing peace in one hand but the hidden hand is holding a gun.
• October 23 update: Another seven were killed and scores wounded (some critically) in latest MILF attacks. Other fatalities are even civilians!
Option No 1: Keep the status quo. Continue the peace process. Here’s what I think will happen.
“Those who don’t know their history are doomed to repeat it.”
Circa 70’s. MILF is a separatist faction of MNLF. MNLF and PHL signed the Final Peace Agreement last Sept 2, 1996. Despite the peace deal, there is still the MILF that is waging a rebellion. They want to create an Islamic state of their own.
Present day. MILF and PHL are in talks of a peace process. PNoy even personally met with the MILF Chairman in Tokyo to show that the government is sincere.
Ameril Ombra Kato, one of the toughest leaders of MILF, has recently decided to leave the extremist group and announced the creation of a new armed movement. Its goal is to continue the war against the Philippine military and to make Mindanao an independent Islamic state. The Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) has already attracted membership of over one thousand Muslim guerrillas. According to the source the idea of fighting for an independent Islamic state is still strong among Islamic militants and many would follow Kato.
If and when a peace process is attained between MILF and PHL, other members of the MILF will just transfer to BIFF as what they did previously. Let’s face it. These men are warriors and war is their way of life.
These guys eat bullets for dinner! If ever peace is attained, they will just find a way to fight again. Point of reason: where do we find ridos (clan wars) and commanders fighting each other? Its only in their place (I am avoiding naming the whole of Mindanao for obvious reasons). A civilian life is not an option to them.
Conclusion: This cycle goes on forever and PHL will just be fooled again.
Option No 2: Wage an all-out war and pulverize them.
Many will die. Of course. But it’s a one-time sacrifice. I’m 99% sure that our soldiers are more willing to do this. In fact, they are crying for revenge for their fallen comrades. Only generals in the headquarters are against it (You see, budget that can be pocketed during peacetime will be allocated for war expenditures). I, for certain, am willing to join if and only PHL will call on reservists (train me!). This will teach the MILF and their friends, the Abu Sayyaf and Pentagon Gang a lesson.
MILF will send their special operations group to havoc terror in Manila, Davao, Cebu, Zamboanga, etc. These activities will include bombings like the Rizal day, Glorietta and numerous bus bombings. I’m fine with it. It’s a bitter pill that the populace I believe will accept.
After these warmongers are depleted, raise the new generation differently. Do not leave them behind. Give the land and its benefits that is rightfully theirs. That way, they won’t need to look for an armed option.
No more rebellion in the south. Progress can finally come to that war-ravaged land. That area is teeming with rich natural resources. FYI: the land in that area is very fertile. The most delicious fruits come from there. Vast reserve of oil has also been recently discovered along the coast of Sulu.
One more thing, PHL’s population will decrease. Yey! Let us all be honest and realistic. A lesser population means more funds, thus better social services for the populace. Humanity will attain the 7 billion mark this October 31. And what better way to decrease it by neutralizing those warmongers and coward pricks!
Again, I’m so gonna die for this! Lols!